CONTEST – “JOIN, FIND THE SOLUTION”
European Youth Capital Novi Sad 2019 – OPENS with financial support of The City
of Novi Sad, within the program “JOIN, FIND THE SOLUTION”
a n n o u n c e s
THE PUBLIC CONTEST
FOR THE FINANCING OF THE PROJECT OF THE SUPPORT TO INFORMAL GROUPS – HIGH-SCHOOL PUPILS’ IDEAS WITHIN THE PROGRAM
“Join, Find the Solution”
I The public contest shall be announced for the financing of the project of the support to informal groups – high-school pupils’ ideas within the program “Join, Find the Solution”, defined by the program from the Application “European Youth Capital 2019 Novi Sad” (Pillar VII – WE DEVELOP INCLUSIVE YOUTH POLICIES – 7.2. Youth Participative Budget Opens Its Door; opens2019.rs) and it shall include the project whose implementation is proposed in the year of 2019.
The funds shall be ensured by the Plan of Financial Operation of the Implementation of project activities during 2019 OPENS from the budget of the city of Novi Sad, as the support to the OPENS project which has been declared the project of national significance for the Republic of Serbia, for:
The implementation of the YOUTH PARTICIPATIVE BUDGET OPENS ITS DOOR project.
II Associations of young people and associations for young people founded in accordance with the Law on Associations (“Official Gazette of RS”, no. 51/09, 99/11 – other laws and 44/18 – other law) and those registered in Business Registers Agency; which have their headquarters and implement their activities at the territory of The City of Novi Sad, which are registered at Unique Records of Associations of Young People, Associations for Young People and Their Associations shall be eligible for the participation in the contest.
The template of the application shall be downloaded with the wording of the contest at opens2019.rs
The participant of the Public Contest shall be obliged to deliver:
1. The template of the proposal of the project budget – project budget developed in details (it is important to state the type of the cost, unit of measure, quantity, price and total value)
2. Template of the application of the association – filled-in in details
3. The copy of the document on the registration at the competent authority
4. The copy of the part of the Articles of Association of the association, organisation which is related to the activity of the organisation
5. The copy of the Template of certified signatures of the people authorised for the representation of the association/organisation
6. The biography of the association with the data on professionals, i.e. capacities for the work with informal groups and young people of the applicant, i.e. implementer of the project
7. The biographies of the participants in the project with stated capacities and experience for the work with informal groups and young people
8. Notification about the registration in Unique Records of Association of Young People, Association for Young People and Their Associations of the Ministry of Youth and Sport
Each project of the same applicant must be sent as a separate package. The contest documentation shall not be returned.
IV The applications to the Public Contest shall be filed within 15 days as of the publishing of the contest at the website of European Youth Capital 2019 Novi Sad – OPENS (opens.rs). The last day for the application is 15 August 2019.
V The process of the Public Contest shall be implemented by the professional committee nominated by European Youth Capital 2019 Novi Sad – OPENS.
VI The committee shall not consider untimely and incomplete applications to the contest, applications which are not completed in the defined template. Also, applications without the listed costs of the projects will be considered incomplete.
VII WHAT IS PARTICIPATIVE BUDGETING AND HOW ARE PUPILS’ IDES SELECTED?
Participative budgeting (participativnibudzet.opens2019.rs) is a democratic process within which pupils of high-schools are enabled to identify the problems around them and the manner in which they can propose creative solutions which will improve their environment and everyday life. The process itself has several steps:
- Informing the parliament – the purpose is to inform the pupils about the program itself and the process of joining at the school level
Mapping the needs – the purpose of the meeting is for pupils to come with particular ideas, which will be possible for the execution within their school, and which will adequately respond to the needs of pupils
- Administrative verification of ideas – verification of ideas with the professional personnel of the school, in order to immediately identify which project ideas are not feasible, with the purpose of saving time and increase of pupils’ motivation
- Development of ideas – detailed and clear insight in the form of the proposal of the project, adjustment and compliance of material required for the project idea with the actual amounts and entire financial construction
- Finalization of ideas – final shaping of ideas and creation of the final version of the project plan
- Preparation for voting – provision of support to pupils, communication about the preparation of pupils for the presentation of ideas in schools
- Fair of ideas and voting – presentation of project ideas to all pupils of the schools, explanation about the process of voting and execution of the process of voting
- Announcement of ideas – official announcement of winning ideas from every school
- Implementation of ideas – implementation of all winning ideas-
Funds intended for the implementation of the project should be spent by 31 December 2019.
The selected pupils’ ideas should be implemented in the period as of the engagement until 29 February 2020.
The total amount available for the organization which supports informal groups is RSD 2,590,000.00.
The value of the individual pupils’ idea amounts RSD 70,000.00. From the total amount of the funds available for financing pupils’ ideas, RSD 1,120,000.00 must be allocated.
From the total amount of the funds available for the engagement of 6 facilitators for 4 months, RSD 1,080,000.00 must be allocated.
The remaining amount of RSD 390,000.00 is available for the organisation which can be used for the disbursement of compensation for people engaged in the project (gross amount – compensation with accompanying tax and contributions) and/or other costs necessary for the implementation of the project.
European Youth Capital 2019 Novi Sad – OPENS WILL NOT finance:
the cover of the losses or debts
overdue passive interests
the purchase of land or buildings
the payment of the same persons under different basis within the implementation of one project
per diems (per diems, if necessary, should be included in the planned compensations for the execution of stipulated operations)
individual sponsorships for the participation in workshops, seminars, conferences, congresses
individual scholarships for studies or courses
the payment of service of air or water transport
items financed from other sources.
IX CRITERIA FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF THE PROJECT:
When evaluating the received applications, the professional committee will score the elements of the criteria of the received project proposals in the following manner:
1. technical settlement of the requirements – 60 points
2. previous experience of the applicant in the work with informal groups and young people – 15 points
3. professional, i.e. capacities for the work with informal groups and young people necessary for the implementation of the project – 10 points
4. necessary resources – 5 points
5. quality and content innovation of the project – 5 points
6. financial plan – development, compliance with the project activity plan and economy – 5 points
The proposal of the project with the largest number of points will be selected and supported for financing.
X The applicant can participate in the Contest with not more than 1 (one) project.
XI Additional information can be received at OPENS at the telephone no. 069/2019 334 or 021/ 301 74 78/021 301 24 17 on business days between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
XII MANNER OF THE APPLICATION TO THE CONTEST
The applications are filed via email email@example.com only, with the subject APPLICATION TO THE CONTEST OPENS2019. “Join, Find the Solution”.
Timely applications are those received by 15 August 2019 at 11.59 p.m.
The contest documentation must be provided on the stipulated templates and sent in PDF form. The templates can be found at the internet presentation of OPENS www.opens2019.rs .
XIII MANNER OF THE INFORMATION ABOUT DECISION ON THE ALLOCATION OF FUNDS
Within 30 days as of the day of closing the contest, at its official internet presentation, OPENS will provide the list of all participants in the contest, as well as the results of the contest and supported proposals of the program.
Incomplete and untimely applications will not be taken into consideration.
Documentation for application: